Sunday, May 1, 2011

The world has let out a great sigh of relief.....

I am sitting home alone. James is snug in bed and Hubby is still away at school. I have run the gamut of emotions over the news. I am shaking and am in tears. This whole thing is just overwhelming. OBL's actions have defined, in some way, all but 4 months of my marriage. 9/11 changed everything in our lives. We lost over 2 years of our marriage to this war. We've lost friends/acquaintances. And now it's all different. I don't know what we will be facing tomorrow re: threat levels, ect. It's a balance of relief/terror/remembrance/ect that I can't even explain. His death hasn't changed anything.... and yet.... it's changed everything. If nothing else, we, as a nation, can have closure over 9/11 and the healing can truly begin.


God Bless those Navy Seals who risked all to carry out this mission.

And God Bless and Keep all of those Soldiers/Sailors/Marines/Coast Guard/National Guard/Reserves/ect who are still over there in harms way. My heart and prayers are with them and their families.

1 comment:

k.mart said...

Thank you to your family... to all who serve us in the most admirable of ways. Love and hugs!